- 17 March: Aksiom will perform Sarah Hennies’ Contralto during the Borealis Festival in Bergen. The concert will also be available through streaming. More info.
- The 10-year anniversary concert originally planned for 13 December 2020 has finally got a new date: 9 May 2021, in Grønland church, Oslo.
- The concert with Klaus Lang’s missa beati pauperes spiritu, first planned for 17 January and later postponed to 10 April, has now been cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Our concert planned for December 13th, 2020, is cancelled due to local Covid-19 restrictions. New date in 2021 TBA.
We are happy to announce two concerts during the darkest weeks of the year:
- Aksiom 10-year anniversary concert at Caféteatret, Oslo, 13 December, 2020.
- Klaus Lang’s missa beati pauperes spiritu in collaboration with Periferien in the Jacob church, Oslo, 16 January, 2021.
The 10-year anniversary combines old hits from the repertoire with newer pieces: Matilda Seppälä’s Frammentario (in a new version for Aksiom), Marina Khorkova’s a_priori, Salvatore Sciarrino’s Trio no. 2, Johan Svensson’s Shiver (from our CD), and Martin Rane Bauck’s Irrganger, from our debut concert in 2010.
In January we will finally perform Klaus Lang’s hour-long missa beati pauperes spiritu with Ditte Marie Bræin (soprano) and Martin Ødegaard (cantor) as soloists. The concert is a collaboration with the Periferien concerts series, and also includes works by Sarah Hennies and Morton Feldman.
Musicians from Aksiom will in collaboration with Aarhus-based quartet NJYD go on the Singsongs and Nitpickings tour in June, including a concert at the Klang Festival in Copenhagen:
- 9 June 2019: Aarhus Concert Hall, Aarhus, Denmark.
- 10 June 2019: Koncertkirken, Copenagen, Denmark, during Klang Festival 2019.
- 11 June 2019: Biermannsgården/Bidrobon, Oslo, Norway.
Marina Poleukhina: in its own tempo (2014)
Elena Rykova: Quest # (2015)
Christian Winther Christensen: Freunde (2017/18) (only in Aarhus and Oslo)
John White: Drinking and hooting machine (1978)
Martin Rane Bauck: nocturne for K. (2019) (WP)
Salvatore Sciarrino: Trio No. 2 (1987)
Pelle Gudmundsen-Holmgreen: Solo for el-guitar (1972) (only in Copenhagen)
Marie Sønderskov, flutes
Anja Nedremo, saxophones
Mikkel Egelund Nielsen, guitar
Jonas Weitling, percussion
Jonas Cambien, piano
Anders Kregnes Hansen, percussion
Vilde Sandve Alnæs, violin
Ingvild Nesdal Sandes, cello
Martin Rane Bauck, conductor